3 1/2 teaspoons of EVOO, plus more for baking sheet
1/2 pound of wild boar sausage, casings removed
1 zucchini, diced small
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped oregano
kosher salt and ground pepper
4 ounces of parmesan, grated = 1 cup
4 cups of cooked long-grain or mixed grain white rice
2 large bell peppers
3 yellow banana peppers. halved lengthwise
*seeds and ribs removed on all peppers
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add wild boar sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned (about 5 minutes). With a slotted spoon transfer sausage to a medium bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the skillet along with zucchini, onion, oregano, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add zucchini mixture to the bowl with sausage, along with parmesan, rice and 1 teaspoon of oil. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil and arrange the bell peppers, cut side up, on sheet. Divide the rice mixture among the peppers. Bake until browned and peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with young greens, herbs, and herb flowers from your garden. Finish with a healthy drizzle of olive oil and cracked black pepper.